Tuesday, July 22, 2014

2nd Email from the MTC!

4 more weeks until Portugal!
Hey everyone!!!

I miss you all so much!  Thank you for all of the emails and funny stories. You guys are seriously the best family out there. I can't believe it has already been a week since my last P-day; the days just kind of blend together here. The MTC is seriously so amazing though. In Relief Society here, we all meet together and it was so cool how they pointed out that this is by far the largest relief society in the world! Our meetings on Sunday were awesome. The director of the movies Emma Smith and 17 Miracles came and spoke to us Sunday and told us about the heritage we have as being members of the Church. As he said that, he told us to look around and see all that has come since the church was restored. It is seriously so cool seeing floods of missionaries walking to the Marriott Center at BYU for devotionals. The Lords work truly is hastening.  
Sister Lacey with Abbey Roberts at a Fireside
This week was awesome!!  We got another teacher and he served in Portugal! He talks about it all the time and especially about the food! He said he did not like seafood at all before he went and now he loves it! Apparently there is fresh bread and bolo (cake) on every street corner. Lets just say he gained 40 pounds. Haha... We make fun of him about that. He lost all of the weight so its all good (teasing him) now, but all that food makes me a little nervous. Maybe I won't be running cross-country right when I get back. ;)  He also said McDonalds there is way good! I guess it is kind of like Clay said the McDonalds were in Italy. One funny thing that they do in Portugal is they write cheeseburger like x-burger because in Portugal sometimes the x makes a che sound so they think that is how it is spelled. Hilarious right!! I cannot wait to be over there.
Sister Lacey and Sister Mancuso answering phones at the MTC
I have one really quick and cool story to tell you. My teacher, Brother Gray interviewed all of us individually to see what our goals were. One comforting thing he said was that he has no concerns about me in regards to learning the language or teaching. But then he said he was thankful for my happy disposition and light that I bring everyday to class. He said that I don't have to be totally happy if I am not having a good day though. That doesn't even sound like me right? I am just so happy here. I thought you guys would enjoy that negative me is learning how to be more positive. 

So we have started teaching 2 new investigators. They are actually my teachers, Brother Gray and Brother James.  They are actually acting like investigators they taught while on there missions. It is really cool and feels real. My companion and I spent a lot of time preparing those lessons and studying the language so I could actually teach them something. Haha. With Brother James, or his name was Jose for an investigator, we taught him the restoration. The spirit was so strong. It is amazing how the spirit works. I loved that I was able to simply testify in Portuguese that I know Christ is my Savior and that our Heavenly Father loves us and that this Gospel, the Gospel of Jesus Christ is true. Man I love this Gospel. I am so blessed. 

I was studying preach my gospel on the other day and came across this scripture. It is Doctrine and Covenants 68:4-6 it says, "And whatsoever they shall speak when moved upon by the Holy Ghost shall be scripture, shall be the will of the Lord, shall be the mind of the Lord... shall be the voice of the Lord and the power of God unto salvation. Behold this is the promise of the Lord unto you... Wherefore be of good cheer, and do not fear, for I the Lord am with you, and will stand by you... even Jesus Christ, that I am the Son of the living God, that I was, that I am, and that I am to come." This was such a comfort to me because sometimes I get stressed thinking about if I don't teach or say the right things to people I was called to bring the gospel to... This scripture let me know that if I teach by the Holy Ghost, I will say what the Lord would say if He was there and the promise is that if I do this that Christ will be with me. 
The MTC room mates!
Last night after we planned for today we watched the "Because of Him" video as a district. One Elder, afterward said, isn't it amazing how much you can love Christ even though you have never met him in this life. I love my Savior. The more I am here and the more I grow closer to him and my Heavenly Father, the more I miss them. I don't know if I actually have ever said that, that I really miss them and want to be with them again. This truly is a plan of happiness.  The plan is perfect. God loves us and wants us to return to him. It is that simple. How lucky am I that I am called to invite others to come unto Christ. This gospel is true and I am so blessed. Thank you all for everything you do!! I love you all so much!!! Love you, love you love you!!

Love, Sister Morgan Lacey

No comments:

Post a Comment