Tuesday, August 12, 2014

One week to go!

In 1 week they will be heading to Portugal! 
MTC Companions!
Hey Everyone!!


Thank you so much for everything! You are awesome! This has been another amazing week at the MTC! Awe I love it here. I was able to go to the temple last week after emailing you and it was once again amazing! Today is my last day to go to the temple for 17 months! I am pretty sad and will probably cry leaving the temple today, but I am so happy that the people of Portugal will have a temple! The work is hastening! Everyone says how amazing the people of Portugal are. They call it the lighthouse of Europe here. 

One of the coolest experiences happened to me on Friday. I was a little frustrated with the language. Like I've said, my companion, Sister Mancuso, is basically fluent in the language... Anyway, if we are in a lesson and it takes me too long to respond, sometimes she will try to help and answer, which is understandable. Unfortunately, that makes it hard for me to use what I know.  Anyways, we had just gotten out of teaching a lesson and I was frustrated. Then we had gym time so I was just flying around the track. I passed one sister who is going to Cape Verde and we have talked a couple of times before but we dont know each other too well. We said "Ola." And I kept on going when I had the distinct impression to stop and walk with her. I thought this was crazy because I wanted to run! Haha. Well, the thought came again. "Stop now and walk with her." So I did. Long story short I have been feeling very inadequate when it comes to the language because it is hard having a companion that is on such a different level than me with the language. And this sister, Sister Brown, has a companion who is basically fluent in Portuguese as well. So we have had the same frustrations. We walked around the track talking and crying, realizing that there was someone else who knew exactly how we were feeling. And then we started talking about the Atonement and that we should of realized earlier that we were not alone at all in our feelings because our Savior has suffered for all our sins, pains and afflictions and he knows exactly how we feel. And then, as we were talking more she said, "Sister Lacey this may sound weird, but I had the impression to stop you and talk with you." Isnt that amazing!!  I am so thankful for a loving Heavenly Father who hears and answers our prayers!

I think at times we underestimate the deep love our Father in Heaven has for us. I know he aches when we are in pain and saddened and he just wants us to come unto him. I am so thankful for the Godhead and the three different roles in our lives that they play! Our Heavenly Father loves us. So much that he gave us his Only Begotten Son. John 3:16 says "For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life."  He gave us is son so we could not only return to live with them but grow and learn and have the potential to one day become like them through the Atonement. I know that Christ is the only way we can return to live with our Father In Heaven.  He is our advocate with the Father. And Christ gave us the Holy Ghost so that we could be guided and comforted because Christ knew we would need help in this life. One of my favorite scriptures in the New Testament is John 14:26-27 when Christ says, "But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you. Peace I with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you.  Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid."

We are so blessed to have a member of the Godhead always with us!

I love you all so much!! We are so blessed to be members of this gospel! I know it is true. I love you!!
Love Sister Lacey

No comments:

Post a Comment