Tuesday, August 5, 2014

2 more weeks until Portugal!

Sisters Mancuso and Lacey
Hey Everyone!!

Thank you so much for all of letters, packages and emails! You are all amazing! I love you so much! This week has been amazing!  After I wrote you all last Tuesday I was able to go to the temple. I LOVE the temple. Each time I go I learn and feel the overwhelming love our Father in Heaven has for all his children. Words cannot express how much I love the temple. I am so excited that the wonderful people of Portugal will have a temple soon!  My teacher Irmao Tiago, who served in Portugal said it is amazing how much the work of The Lord is progressing since the temple was announced. We even got to see when President Monson made the announcement of the temple in Portugal and a when the member from Portugal translated it he began crying. I already am beginning to love the People in Portugal. I am so excited!

Sister Lacey with some fresh cinnamon rolls we had sent to her!
We had an amazing relief society meeting 2 Sundays ago. Sherri Dew came and spoke to us Sisters. She talked about the Priesthood and Elder Oaks last conference talk. She said how we need to study and learn about the Priesthood just as much as the men because we too are endowed with or blessed with Gods power when we go through the temple and keep our covenants that we made with our Father in Heaven. I feel so sad for the small number of women who feel like they are less than men in this church. They obviously do not understand the priesthood and what we have truly been blessed with. They truly do not understand how much their Heavenly Father loves all his children.
Sister Lacey and Sister Hadley (former roommates at Dixie State)
I have a few funny stories to tell.  Yesterday while my companion and I were walking to class, she said,"Sister Lacey, can we slow down? We are going to be 15 minutes early to class. We do not need to rush."  Haha Apparently I walk super fast everywhere I blame it on my nursing assisting clinicals. Haha. Hopefully I dont kill my companions in Portugal with all my fast walking. Haha. Another story about my teacher, who went to Portugal; well, he gained some weight on his mission. He was talking about the bolos (cakes) in class and I said how I was scared about them, he asked why and I said,"I do not want to gain weight!' And he said, "That is a legitimate fear" but he said, "I gained so much weight because I ate like 4 bolos a day!" Haha It was seriously so funny! One last story about the way I smell. One Elder in my district said,"Sister Lacey you should start a sister missionary perfume line called Come Follow Me." Haha I seriously laugh so hard every day. I love my district!

I have grown to love the Book of Mormon so much more since being here. My teacher Irmao Gray said,"There is no other talk, lesson or any other book that has brought me closer to the Savior than the Book of Mormon has." And I completely agree with him. I love the Book of Mormon! I wish everyone could just know how important it is. During class and in personal study I read 2 Nephi 33:3-15 and Moroni 10:3-6,  which are their finals testimonies about the words they were commanded to write. 


I just love how they knew what they were writing (The Book of Mormon) was and is of such great worth unto all God's children. I know that anyone who sincerely reads the Book of Mormon with real intent, meaning they intend to act on the answer they receive, from a loving Heavenly Father, will know and feel how true this book is! I just love how Nephi said in verse 10,"...and if ye believe not in these words believe in Christ. And if ye shall believe in Christ ye will believe in these words, for they are the words of Christ, and he hath given them unto me; and they teach all men that they should do good." The Book of Mormon is Christ's word! I hope I can be able to have the Holy Ghost with me in Portugal because he will testify of Christ and the Book of Mormon. Again I know the Book of Mormon is true. I cannot deny it. I am so thankful that we have a Father in Heaven who gave us more of his words. The bible and the Book of Mormon support each other. Why wouldn't we want to know and learn more about our Savior? As it says in the 3rd paragraph and the 8th of the introduction to The Book of Mormon,"tells men what they must do to gain peace in this life and eternal salvation in the life to come... We invite all men everywhere to read the Book of Mormon, to ponder in their hearts the message it contains, and then to ask God, the Eternal Father, in the name of Christ if the book is true. Those who pursue this course and ask in faith will gain a testimony of its truth and divinity by the power of the Holy Ghost. (See Moroni 10:3–5.)' 

I love this gospel. I know it is true. It has brought me so much happiness. Eu sou grato por meu Salvador, Jesus Cristo e sua expiacao, Eu ama ele (I am so thankful for my Savior Jesus Christ and his atonement, I love him). I love you all so much!! Thank you for all you do! We are so blessed! I pray for you daily.

Love Sister Lacey

No comments:

Post a Comment