Monday, January 26, 2015

Only one week left in my 4th transfer in Portugal! O que??

Quinta da Regaleira, Sintra, Portugal - 1/19/15 
Quinta da Regaleira, Sintra, Portugal - 1/19/15 
Sintra, Portugal - 1/19/15
Portuguese Puppy :-)
Hey Guys!!!

I am so sorry about last week. I was so bummed. I was going to get back on but we had a train to catch to leave Sintra. Okay, so last P-Day we went to Sintra. I will send more pictures, but basically it is a bunch of cool old palaces!  And there were also caves that we went exploring through. Well it was pretty funny. Sister Ventura and I won a competition in our Zone. The Zone Leaders planned our P-day for us and it ended up being us, the zone leaders and two other elders. 

Man we were a group to see! Haha Two elders are from America, one Utah and the other Colorado and two elders are from Africa, one Angola and the other Mozambique. We all had so much fun talking about our different cultures and what we did growing up as children... it was so fun! One of the elders said how they would play as little children in a river by his house, but then they saw crocodiles and got scared. Haha We had fun! 

This week has been great. I really cant believe how fast the days are going. One really cool thing happened. The primary President, who is a recent convert, invited us over for dinner and for a family home evening with her and her son. They have only been members for a year and her son is 17. (Heather ;) seriously you have my permission to marry him haha anyways) They are the coolest people ever!! We get there and Tiago says, sisters you have been teaching a lot today so I thought I would prepare a spiritual thought. It was amazing! He talked about the blessings of the temple. And we all just bore our testimonies of the temple and how hard we are going to work so that Portugal will be blessed with a temple faster. I can't even explain to you guys how spiritual this kid is. Afterwards, he even went contacting with us! He is so cool!

Well, another cool thing about them is their conversion story. Paula was going to a different church and she said something did not feel right so she stopped going. Well, she ran into the sister missionaries 4 years ago and they gave her a Book of Mormon. She left it on a book shelf and didn't read it. Well, a little over a year ago she was praying and said she wanted to know the truth. The elders ended up knocking doors in her building and she was baptized a few weeks later!  But she also told us how she saw missionaries in the streets for those 4 years and didn't want anything from them; not until she truly asked to know the truth.

I know that there are people out there who are ready for the gospel. Our Heavenly Father is so loving and wants to bless us.  As we have studied and prayed, I have been realizing more and more that prayer is not for changing God's will, but it is to help us align our will with His. I am so thankful for prayer and one of my favorite things to do on the mission is teach someone to pray for the first time. Every time I feel the spirit and I feel the love Heavenly Father has for them and that he has missed hearing from them. He loves us and wants to hear from us. 

I know this Gospel is true!! I love you all so much!! 

Com Amor, Sister Lacey

No comments:

Post a Comment