Monday, April 20, 2015

Elder Bednar!!

9 months! Half way done already!!
Sister Lacey and Paula

Some goodies from her Easter package!

A favorite couple from Seixal



















Ola minha família!! 

Hey guys!! Thank you so much for all the emails you guys are amazing!!! I miss you all but I am loving it here. 

This week was amazing! One really cool thing happened. I don't know if you guys remember, but about a month and a half ago we were having a rough day and we ended up saying a prayer and finding this really awesome lady outside her house. Well, in our first lesson with her she said she didn't believe in God. Well, on Thursday we had the feeling to stop by and see her. (She had called us a few weeks ago and said she was really busy and we couldn't come by anymore). So we went to her house and she came outside and told us that one of her sons is really sick and has been going to the doctors a lot to run tests and that she is pretty scared.  We talked with her and said a prayer and she was just crying and she then told us that she believes that there is something bigger than just us. Well on Saturday we passed by again and we talked about families a lot and I showed her pictures of you guys. And we testified that our message about Christ will bring peace to her family and that God lives. She started crying again and said ´´I know he sent you girls to me.´´ Isn't that amazing? A women who when we first met did not believe in God. I then told her how much God really does love her and I started crying. I told her that he really did send us to you. It was amazing.  One funny story that happened with her. She saw some pictures of us and our families and she saw pictures of us hiking and on quads and she said, ´´What, you guys can have fun and be happy in your religion?´´ And then I said that is our religion, to be happy! Haha 

So Elder Bednar was here yesterday!! It was amazing. He came and talked to 3 stakes here. And guess what ward was there? Seixal!! And guess who I saw?? Manuela and Victoria!! We started crying... it was so awesome. And I also saw this awesome couple from the ward and they got all excited when they saw me. It was so fun to see everyone and to be able to speak with them more. :) 

Elder Bednar was seriously amazing. He told us that we need to apply the atonement of Christ into our lives. He talked about ´´putting off the natural man. In Mosial 3:19 it says "For the natural man is an enemy to God, and has been from the fall of Adam, and will be, forever and ever, unless he yields to the enticings of the Holy Spirit, and putteth off the natural man and becometh a saint through the atonement of Christ the Lord, and becometh as a child, submissive, meek, humble, patient, full of love, willing to submit to all things which the Lord seeth fit to inflict upon him, even as a child doth submit to his father."  

I know that we can not only become strengthened, but we can become perfected through our Savior. At the end of his talk he said, ´´I know the Savior lives. I witness he lives (Look up the definition of witness) I witness that he speaks to us, his servants.´´ It was amazing the spirit was so strong. We are so blessed to have Prophets and Apostles on the earth. I know this is Christ's church! 

I love you all so much!!

Com amor, Sister Lacey 

No comments:

Post a Comment