Monday, May 18, 2015

Beavente até Salvaterra

Ola minha querida família!!

Hey Guys!! Man this week has flown bye! You guys all sound like you are doing great! I sure do miss you guys!!

So to start out something really funny happened last P-day. Sister Elliott and I were walking around and window shopping. Well there was some construction going on and so there was that orange plastic netting stuff to block people from walking were they were redoing the road. Well people were staring at us but this one particular man walked by looking at us and he ran into the plastic fence got stuck and said, ´´Fogo, eu fiquei aprisionado.´´ (I have been imprisoned) Meaning he got stuck. It was seriously so funny!  I just thought you guys would enjoy that. :) 

I have been studying a lot about the gift of The Holy Ghost this week and I realized something in my studies. In 2 Nephi 32:12 it says, ´´And also, the voice of the Son came unto me, saying: He that is baptized in my name, to him will the Father give the Holy Ghost, like unto me; wherefore, follow me, and do the things which ye have seen me do.´´ So I realized something. The Holy Ghost really is a gift we have been given when we are baptized that gives us the ability to really follow our Savior's example or in other words do the things which we have seen him do. That is why the sacrament his so important because we are promised to always have his spirit to be with us. 

I had  one of the coolest experiences this week. On Friday night we called this recent covert couple in our branch to see how they were doing. At the end of the phone call I asked if we could do anything  for them and they said oh it can wait until later and I said we can go out to your house tomorrow to help. So they live in a town called Benavente (about a 30 minute bus ride out of Vila Franca). And this couple happens to both be blind. Sister Elliott and I didn't exactly know where we were going so we missed the stop and ended up going to a town called Salvaterra about 10 minutes in a car outside of Benavente. It was quite the adventure. Haha 

Well anyways we had the best afternoon with this couple. We just laughed so much and talked about how they found the church. They actually were married and then got divorced and Jose said that is when he started talking to the Elders. He then began praying and he said that his when he realized that the church was true and that God really does speak to his children. He then was baptized and began to really miss Vanda and they ended up getting remarried and she was baptized in September. He said, ´´God works in mysterious ways. I was at my lowest point when I found God's church and that is when I realized how much I really loved Vanda. And do you guys want to know why they needed our help? We helped them organize their clothes based on colors so they could have outfits to wear for church. They are seriously amazing! 

When we were on our way to Benavente we passed by a lot of Pine trees and I thought wow this looks like Big Bear and then de repente (suddenly) I saw a vineyard and an old Portuguese House with a flower garden. Haha I love Portugal! 

I have been redoing my lesson plans for the restoration and I had the feeling to share with you guys what I wrote down about our loving Heavenly Father. ´´God loves you more than you can comprehend. Do you believe that? You are his child. In Matthew 5:48 it says Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.´´ He is perfect and he gave us this gospel the gospel of Jesus Christ so that we can grown day by day and become as he is.´´ I am so thankful for our loving Heavenly Father this gospel is his perfect plan that if we follow we can return to live with him again. Somos abençoados!! 

I love you all so much!! 

Com tanto amor, Sister Lacey 

No comments:

Post a Comment