Monday, December 21, 2015

Nasceu O Salvador

Christmas Conference
Christmas Conference

Christmas Conference

Christmas Conference








































Ola Minha Família!!

Hey guys!! I cannot believe it is almost Christmas! That is seriously crazy! I love this time of year. I am not going to lie I am pretty sad this will be my last Christmas in the mission field, there is something so special about being a missionary during Christmas. 

This week flew by like I said last Monday I had a meeting about going home andon Tuesday we had our Christmas Conference as a mission. I am not going to lie it was rough saying bye to some  of my companions. Dad said to me last week that he thinks it will be hard for me to say bye to people here just like it was to say bye to you guys and I am already not looking forward to that. The Christmas Conference was amazing though! It was so much fun to be together as a mission. 

For some not so fun news I have been pretty sick these past few days. I have had the flu. Not fun. I am still kind of out of it so sorry if this email is a little weird. :) This branch is amazing though! They brought over soup and food for us! We also got a lot of calls from people to see how we were doing! I just love Portugal.

One man that called us to see how we were doing is Paulo. He actually contacted us in the street one day and said he wanted to come to Church. He lives in a city about a 20 minute drive form the chapel. We gave him the church address and I am sad to say I didn't think anything of it. Well last Sunday guess who showed up to church? That is right Paulo. He hitch hiked actually. He is very intelligent but has a mental Handicap. The Branch just loves him. He is amazing! 

During a lesson this week with Antonio I noticed something interesting. I realized what really is the differnce between Nephi and his Brothers. In Chapter 8 of (The vision of the tree of life) 1 Nephi 35 it says, ´´And Laman and Lemuel partook not of the fruit, said my father.´´ And in 1 Nephi 2:16´´And it came to pass that I, Nephi, being exceedingly young, nevertheless being large in stature, and also having great desires to know of the mysteries of God, wherefore, did cry unto the Lord; and behold he did visit me, and did soften my heart that did believe all the words which had   been spoken by my fatherwherefore, did not rebel against him like unto my brothers.´´
So as we know the tree in Lehi´s vision is a symbol of Gods love for us his Children, so in other words Laman and Lemuel never tasted of Gods love they never gained a personal relationship with him. Nephi on the other hand did. He cried unto the Lord, gained his testimony and from that point on never doubted the Love his Father in Heaven had for him. 

I am so thankful for my mission. I love my mission. I truly feel that I have come to know on such a deeper level the great love my Father in Heaven as for me. And I do not doubt that! He loves us! As members of the Church that should be the easiest this that we comprehend that our Father in Heaven loves us! He trusts us, he gave us his Son! His perfectly obedient, loving Son for us. So that every single one of us good have the the possibility, everyone of his children could return to him! That is why I love this Christmas season. We have hope! 

Realmente eu sei que Nosso Salvador nasceu. Ele é a luz deste mundo o principe da paz, nosso Redentor! Ele Nasceu para que possa estar com aqueles que eu amo para as eternidades! 

Eu vos amo! Feliz Natal!

Com tanto amor, Sister Lacey

No comments:

Post a Comment