Monday, February 16, 2015

What a week!


Ola minha família!!

Hey guys I cant believe it has already been another week! This week has been a little crazy but still good. I will be quick today because we are going to go on a hike with some members. It is supposed to be the highest point in Portugal. I am pretty excited.

On Wednesday we had interviews with President. He is so amazing we had an awesome talk. He is just such an inspired man.  Sometimes I'm kind of hard on myself but he just said how much the Lord trusts me and how much he (President) trusts me and that I am doing an amazing job. It was so nice to hear. I read a quote, I think it is from Elder Bruce R. McConkie, but he said the Lord doesn't expect immediate perfection but he expects immediate progression. That helped me a lot too.  

So honestly this week was kind of a blur. I am not going to lie, it was a little rough. ALL of our appointments fell through. I just felt really bad for Sister Swain. On Friday night it rained really hard and then literally no one wanted to talk to us. So, we started singing hymns as we were walking in the street and we contacted anyone we saw. It was pretty funny... This one guy we contacted looked at us like we were crazy and said, you both know it is raining right? And we laughed and he said, "You guys need to go to your house now, you will get sick." And I said actually, "sir we need to work." Haha. Its pretty funny; in Portuguese they have a command form or in other words you switch the ending of a word if you are commanding someone to do something. For example vai is you are going and vá is GO). Anyways he was using command form. Haha

So one funny story. We were walking and trying to find people to teach and we decided we needed to say another prayer. It was probably one of the most honest prayers I have said. I just love praying. I said in the prayer that we were a little down but we are happy because we are growing and we are blessed to be serving in Portugal. Anyways, after the first man we saw we stopped him. And I started testifying that I know the gospel was restored through the Prophet Joseph Smith. And he just looked at me and said,"What did you say?" Well, when I said restored, he thought I said castrated. HAHAHA So he heard "Deus Castrou o evangelho dele.." (God castrated his gospel) Haha, In my defense, it was raining and really windy! And I know how to say restored :-). Anyways, we all laughed so hard and it broke the ice a bit. He said he is wants to come to church and learn more. 

I love you guys so much! I am seriously so happy! I was, like I said, feeling a little down because of the work right now and I ended up getting a letter from Sister Fox. Well, it was perfect for me! In the letter she talked about trials and how they truly are for our benefit because they make us stronger. And how can we expect to become like our savior who suffered for all things if we cant handle our trials. I also liked that she shared a quote that said when we end this life we don't want to hear "Well your done" but we want to hear "Well done thou good and faithful servant." I want to feel that I have given my all to the Lord for these next 11 months. I know I will not be perfect but I don't want to finish a day or finish my mission with a little left, I want to give it my all. I love you all so much!!! 

Com amor, Sister Lacey 

No comments:

Post a Comment