Monday, February 23, 2015

Família!!!!

Setubal, Portugal - February, 2015

P-Day hike - February 16, 2015

Setubal, Portugal


Minha Família!! 

Hey guys!!! Awe I miss you all!! Can you believe I am already at 6 months in Portugal? It is so weird. I am at that point now where I can communicate with people and understand what they are saying, but I feel like I should be way better at the language. 

Can I just say that I am so grateful for commandments and the rules of the mission. I know that when we are obedient we will have the spirit with us. It was pretty cool, Sister Swain and I taught an English class this last week and only Jacinto came. Well, we ended up teaching him in the hallway and we had a door opened to another church class so that way we weren't alone with him. It was good.  

This letter will be short because it's been kind of crazy this week. Lets just say that we switched areas with the elders...

Since we are in the Elders area now, we had a lesson on Saturday with an investigator of theirs. Well, Mario is from Holland and Isabel is from Portugal and they both don't really believe in God and they both only speak English to us. Anyway,s the lesson we had with them was so cool. I think Sister Swain loved to be able to understand everything. :) I just loved teaching people who didn't believe in God. I just could feel how much God really does love them and that he misses them. It is really hard to explain. 

Oh, the young men's president was talking to me and he told me that he and his wife had talked about me and my obedience to the rules.  They said they were really impressed. Anyways, I am not perfect by any means but it was cool to hear that someone noticed how important obedience is to me.

I love this gospel so much. I am so thankful for prayer and for our loving Heavenly Father. I know that he lives and that he loves us more than we can comprehend. His plan for us is perfect because, if followed, we can RETURN to live with Him again. On my mission I have learned to really grow in my relationship with Him. Prayer for us as members of the church should be more than something to just check off. It should be a personal conversation with him as our Father. And I am so thankful for you mom and dad. It is so cool to think that I can not even remember the first time I said a prayer because I started so young.  I am so thankful for the way we were raised. 

I know this church is true. And for anyone who has any doubts about God or about anything, ask our loving Father in Heaven. I love you all so much!!!!

Sister Lacey 

No comments:

Post a Comment