Monday, July 6, 2015

Colette Encarnado


Sintra, Portugal

Sintra



Ola minha Família!! 

Hey guys!! This week just flew bye! It was pretty crazy with the Colette Encarnado (Bulls in the street). Don't worry we were not anywhere close to the bulls or party.

I don't have much time today we went to Sintra. It was so cool! Basically it is were all the Kings and Queens of Portugal built their summer houses antigamente. Haha It is just beautiful! There is palaces and old libraries, gardens with ponds and sculptures! It was just beautiful! It was so funny because there were a lot of tourists there and so when we spoke in Portugese they looked at us like we were so cool and then we would switch into English to talk to them. Haha It was fun.

So I met Presidente and Sister Tavares on Thursday! They are amazing! Sister Tavares served here in Portugal! She also happened to serve in Gaia and Setúbal! She said when she was leaving Portugal 30 years ago that she thought well I am never coming back and then the strongest impression came to her that she would be back. Cool huh? They are amazing. They were all joking around with us so much. One thing that i loved that President Tavares said was that he said that we obey the commandments for more than just our love of god but because we want to become as he is. And that is why obedience is the first love of Heaven. He also talked about the Book of Mormon and that we need to give it to someone and let them know that it is the best gift we can offer them. And we did that this week.  One girl we met had tears in her eyes as we testifyied. It was amazing! 

So this week I was really hard on myself. I know not me. ;) I was just harder than I usually am. I think Satan is trying really hard on me and making me feel like I haven't done enough and that I am not good enough. The experience I had the other night kind of reminded me of Enos in r~the Book of Mormon he says in verse 2 and 4, ´´And I will tell you of the wrestle which I had before God, before I received a remission of my sins. And my soul hungered; and I kneeled down before my Maker, and I cried unto him in mighty prayer and supplication for mine own soul.´´
I just really prayed harder than I ever have in my whole life and it really was as enos said a ´´wrestle which I had before God´´ but then the coolest thing happened I had the stongest feeling to reread a letter Brooke sent to me and it said, ´´Dont be hard on yourself and dont stress out. Our Heavenly Father and our Savior are SO proud of you! They love you!´´ It was such an answer to prayers and I just love how the spririt works. That you guys are still helping me even when we are all so far away. 
I love you all so much!! We are all so blessed! Thank you for being the best family I could ask for!! Eu amo vocês!! 

Com amor, Sister Lacey 

No comments:

Post a Comment