Monday, June 29, 2015

Verão já chegou! :)

She saw a swing and said she just had to :-)

Vila Franca de Xira!

Sister Lacey!



















Ola minha família!!

Hey guys!! I loved all the pictures you sent! It looks like you are all having a great summer. Verão já chegou! :) Summer has arrived here! I am trying to get used to humidity haha and no Air conditioning. ;) I am really starting to love fans right next to the bed. Haha 

I just love Portugal! The other day we saw a fresh food market. It was so cool, we bought a fresh mango and then flowers for our Relief Society President. We then went to her house and ´´Heart attacked´´ it. We tried getting away but her daughters ended up finding us. Haha So we had a nice lunch with them. We had fresh grilled fish from Africa! It was so good!! 

So this week lesson wise was pretty tough. Sister Harper and I were pretty down because there were days when no one was really interested but last night I realized something. We have been praying to find people who are really interested in the gospel not just people who say they are and then don't want anything. And we realized that the Lord gave us exactly that... every lesson we had this week has been with people who really want to know the truth! It is amazing. I am so blessed! 

We had one lesson with this woman named Tessa. She met with the Elders about 15 years ago in England. The spirit was so strong! When I shared the First Vision with her, she said right after. ´´I believe, but I want to have a testimony like you girls and say I know!´´ We then testified of the Book of Mormon and that she can know for herself through the Book of Mormon. It was awesome! 

I have been thinking a lot lately about families. I have been studying the General Conference talks and they are amazing. I feel like anyone who is following the counsel of our Prophets and Apostles for this day will truly believe that God loves his Children and that The atonement of Christ is all powerful. As missionaries in the first lesson we start off with ´´God is our loving Heavenly Father´´ and then that ´´the gospel blesses families´´ If we truly believed this we would not support and want anything less than a marriage between a man and a women. President Packer last conference said, ´´The end of all activity in the church is to see that a man and a woman with their children are happy at home and sealed for eternity.´´ That is the 'Why' behind the gospel and marriage and families. We need to stand behind the beliefs we have and support marriage between a man and a women. I love that this is the final testimony of Elder L. Tom Perry, ´´Let me close by baring my witness (And my nine decades on this earth fully qualify me to say this) that the older I get the more I realize that family is center of life and is key to eternal happiness.´´ 

I am so thankful for my wonderful family! You all and the testimony we have of the Savior is the reason I am on a mission. I love you all so much!!

Com tanto amor, Sister Lacey

No comments:

Post a Comment