Monday, March 2, 2015

Novo área!!

Ola minha família!!!

I cannot believe it has been another week. This week has flown by!! Its pretty funny because since we switched areas, it feels like Gaia all over again.  Maps, asking people in the streets where to go. Haha 

So we are doing a lot of finding right now. So many cool, tender mercies have happened this week. So one that happened, we were walking and doing contacts and no one was really interested and then we walked past this building and the door flew open! Sister Swain and I just looked at each other and went into the building. Well, we started at the top and knocked on every door and no one opened it until the last door and this guy opened it up and we told him who we were and that we would like to share a message with him about Christ. He said,"Well I don't really believe in Christ and don't think I ever will." And I said,"Oh, you will." He just looked at me and laughed and said, "Fine you guys can come back another day." 

So on Saturday we had a pretty rough day with not much success. Another cool thing happened that was really sad but also such a blessing. We were walking back to our house and I saw this one lady walking this little boy who is about 2 years old. Well I stopped her and tried talking to her and lets just say she wasn't very nice. Well we walked away kind of bummed and I had the feeling to turn around and when I did, that little boy had the biggest smile on his face. And he was just waving at me. I literally just cried. He would keep on walking and then would just turn around again and wave and smile. I remember Clay mentioned that on his mission how much more receptive children are to the spirit. 

Sometimes I get pretty hard on myself and I blame myself for our lack of success but that little boy just made me realize that he could feel the spirit and that it is not my fault if people choose not to except this wonderful gospel or not. I know that it is only the adversary that makes us feel like we are inadequate and that it is our Father in Heaven and his Son who comfort and strengthen us. 

This morning I read in 1 Nephi 7:17-18 When Nephi's brothers bound him and he says,"17 But it came to pass that I prayed unto the Lord, saying: O Lord, according to my faith which is in thee, wilt thou deliver me from the hands of my brethren; yea, even give me strength that I may burst these bands with which I am bound.
 18 And it came to pass that when I had said these words, behold, the bands were loosed from off my hands and feet, and I stood before my brethren, and I spake unto them again.
I love Nephi so much. Instead of asking to be freed, he asked for the strength to be freed according to his faith. I think sometimes when we having trials in our life we ask for them to be taken away without realizing that it is our trials or challenges and heartaches that make us better and that make us more like our Savior who suffered all. I also love that Nephi didn't wait around.  He went right back to speak to his brothers; he went right back to work. 
I know this is the Lord's work. I can feel myself stretching and growing so much and let me tell you, it is not exactly comfortable, but I know this is the Lord's work and it is making me better.  In Moroni 7:48 it says,"...pray unto the Father with all the energy of heart...that ye may become the sons of God; that when (Christ) shall appear we shall be like him, for we shall see him as he is; that we may have this hope; that we may be purified even as he is pure...." This is the purpose of my mission and of our lives to become better and to become pure. I love you all so much!!!
Sister Lacey

No comments:

Post a Comment