Monday, June 15, 2015

Fardos são por nosso bem-estar

Transfer travels - with Sister Harper

The lamb named after Sister Lacey

???

Vila Franca de Xira

Grocery shopping today... She said no thanks to this


Ola Minha Família!! 

Hey guys!! I loved all of your emails. You guys are all so awesome!! Today I am going to share a lot of things I learned this week in studies because I feel it not only applies to missionaries but everyone who is trying to follow Christ. 

Okay I am not going to lie, I was struggling a bit this week, but I am really happy too, at the same time. Sister Harper is awesome! She is so funny. 

I guess this week I was just feeling a lot of weight on my shoulders with this area and branch. Well, I read a talk that Elder Bednar gave called ´´Bear Up Their Burdens With Ease.´´ It is amazing he shared this scripture in Matthew 11:28-30 I have already read this scripture many times but it really hit me differently this time. It says, ´´28 ¶Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.30 For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.´´ So I have always read this scripture thinking that The Lord will take away our burdens and are trials and we would find rest but really we take ´´his yoke´´ (A wooden beam that is used to between a pair of oxen that enables them to pull a load together) or in other words we must trust in the Lord and pull the load with him then it will be made light. I realized that I have been doing most of the lifting alone on my mission and let me just tell you it is hard. I do the right things because I love the Lord but then I sometimes forget to rely on him and pull with him. 

I read another talk from Elder Bednar today and it was amazing. In the talk he speaks about Looking to the Lord and he shared Matthew 14 where it says.´´26 And when the disciples saw him walking on the sea, they were troubled, saying, It is a spirit; and they cried out for fear.27 But straightway Jesus spake unto them, saying, Be of good cheer; it is I; be not afraid.28 And Peter answered him and said, Lord, if it be thou, bid me come unto thee on the water.29 And he said, Come. And when Peter was come down out of the ship, he walked on the water, to go to Jesus.30 But when he saw the wind boisterous, he was afraid; and beginning to sink, he cried, saying, Lord, save me.31 And immediately Jesus stretched forth his hand, and caught him, and said unto him, O thou of little faith, wherefore didst thou doubt?´´ I just loved this so much! It was only when Peter stopped looking unto The Lord that he began do drowned. I think it is moments like this when like Peter we ´´begin to drown´´. When we stop looking at the Why behind the gospel and we get worried about things that don't matter we forget do look to our Savior. He is the Why behind all we do. He is The only way we can be happy. He loves us! 

The mission is hard but it is so worth it and that is why it is worth it because it is hard. Elder Bednar said in Bear Up Their Burdens With Ease, ´´ I wonder if we fail to fully acknowledge this strengthening aspect of the Atonement in our lives and mistakenly believe we must carry our load all alone—through sheer grit, willpower, and discipline and with our obviously limited capacities. It is one thing to know that Jesus Christ came to the earth to die for us. But we also need to appreciate that the Lord desires, through His Atonement and by the power of the Holy Ghost, to enliven us—not only to guide but also to strengthen and heal us.´´
I love this gospel so much!! This is Christs Church we are not in this alone. He loves us!
I love you all so much!! Have a great week!! Eu amo voces tanto!!
Com tanto amor, Sister Lacey 

No comments:

Post a Comment