Monday, June 1, 2015

Já é Junho??

District P-Day

District P-Day





Ola Minha Família!!

Hey guys!! I cannot believe it is already June! I know it is a pretty awesome month for our family! Mom and dads anniversary, Birthdays, schools out. :) 

I gave a talk yesterday about Joseph Smith and the Restoration and I cried. I am so thankful for the Prophet Jospeh Smith and the truths we have today because of what he sacrificed. Just like elder Anderson said in the October General Conference I know that God choose a good and honest man to be the prophet through whom the fullness of Christs Gospel was restored. You all should read that talk so good!

I am also so thankful for Prophets and Apostles that we have on the earth today. I am so thankful for Elder Perry and for his service and love for families. I read his talk from October and he shared my favorite scripture Helaman 5:12. I know that through Christ we truly cannot fall.

We had a really awesome lesson with this woman who has lots of health problems. And she talked about how Gods is punishing her and that she will start having more faith once her sickness is cured. She also talked about her marriage problems she is having because of this sickness and she said if she would rate the importance of her sickness on a scale of 1 to 10 her sickness (being the most important thing) would be a 10 and her marriage a 2. It was really sad to hear. I then testified to her of the importance of marriage and I said that even through trials we can be happy if we turn outward. And I bore my testimony about the Reichmanns and many others in our Stake that through trials turn outward and help lift and bless others. I cried as I told her that is the only way to be happy in this life is to focus on others.

Speaking of this we saw a new Mormon message called ´´Lift´´ it is amazing (Dad could you put it up on the blog) You all have to watch it. It is about a ward of men that provide 7 years of service to a women in their ward. One man said, ´´When you Heal the body it is always an inward effort... When we heal the soul turning inward doesn't work the triage of the soul is found in turning outward to other people.´´ That is what I am learning so much more on my mission. To turn outward. Before the mission I feel like everything was about me. I didn't think much of other people. I have realized that the times I am Happiest on my mission is when I have not focused on myself but on others.

I love this Gospel so much. Brooke and I were talking about our missions and I mentioned this to her too.  The point of repentance and this gospel is not to just be forgiven and become worthy to return to God, but to change into who God can make and he can make us perfect. ´´When he shall appear we shall be like him, for we shall see him as he is; that we may have this hope; that we may be purified even as he is pure.´´ Moroni 7:48. That is why living the Gospel of Christ and everything we do is to become like him. The commandments, our callings, the service we do is not a list of things to do but things we should just do if we are to become like our savior.

I love you all so much!! Have a great week. Seja Feliz!!

Com tanto amor, Sister Lacey

No comments:

Post a Comment